Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mikey's Mock-Draft

After watching hours of tape (aka I watched this link like 5,000 times) and extensive research into each player (googeling "best athlete on the challenge proved to be worthless), I realized I had to go with mainly my gut feeling on this. Now, when I say go with my gut, I am ranking people 90 percent based on how they did on previous challenges and 10 percent on what I have seen on the 4 or 5 commercials MTV has released so far. That being said, a key part of my drafting methodology was to keep in mind that the girls and guys will both have an equal shot at competing in challenges each week. And since I believe a majority of points will come from excelling in challenges, I made sure to have a good distribution of girls and guys in my mock draft.

Check out my mock draft below, its roughly 45 times better than Simeon's...
  1. CT - Paris
  2. Laurel - Fresh Meat 2
  3. Frank - San Diego
  4. Zach - San Diego
  5. Camila - Spring Break
  6. Nia - Portland
  7. Leroy - Vegas
  8. Theresa - Fresh Meat 2
  9. Jordan - Portland
  10. Jessica - Portland
  11. Nany - Vegas
  12. Isaac - Sydney
  13. Jonna - Cancun
  14. Aneesa - Chicago
  15. Cohutta - Sydney
  16. Brandon - Fresh Meat 2
  17. Emilee - Cancun
  18. Johnny Bananas - Key West
  19. Dustin - Vegas
  20. Cara Maria - Fresh Meat 2
  21. Chet - Brooklyn
  22. Jasmine - Cancun
  23. Swift - St. Thomas
  24. Johnny - Portland
  25. Devyn - Brooklyn
  26. Jemmye - New Orleans
  27. LaToya - St. Thomas
  28. Preston - New Orleans

Simeon's Thoughts

Mike's first few picks and last few picks are pretty good but somewhere in the middle he just starts making zero sense. Let's start with my biggest gripe, dude was drafting and building a pillow fort at the same damn time. He would position pillows, make a draft move, move some pillows around, make another draft pick until he was done. You wanna trust the draft order from someone who split his time with making a pillow fort? I wouldn't.

But seriously, his biggest misstep is Cara Maria. Cara Maria is DOMINANT in the 1 v 1 challenges ever since she joined the cast on Fresh Meat 2. Not to mention last season with the help of Laurel was able to place second. Don't let her rainbow colored hair fool you like it did Mike, Cara Maria is a champ in the making. So who does Mike put as his number 2 overall woman? Fucking Camila. Can she even run a mile? Camila is entertaining and maybe he's banking on her getting lots of entertainment points but I can assure you she will not be making the finale.

Another huge mistake for Mike is putting Jasmine so low. She may be one of the worst competitors in the game but the drama she brings with her is unmatched. She will drink, suck, fight, kick, and destroy anything that moves for the time she is on the show. I wager she will bring home the bacon.

Aneesa in the middle of the pack is a bit baffling. Aneesa can either do really well or do really poorly. Will we get the former stripper that will choke a bitch? Or will we get the one that picks a fight with Trishelle and leaves the show? Aneesa is just too much a wildcard and I figured better to be safe than sorry on my list. Looks like Mike decided to make a gutsy call.

I really don't like Brandon being so high on Mike's list. He has done nothing to prove himself as a fierce competitor and isn't terribly well liked by the rest of the cast. I cannot remember a single hook up that he was involved in. Not to mention Mike put him ABOVE Dustin?? I hate Dustin as much as the next level headed MTV Reality TV blogger but if there is one thing he cares about it is competition. He throws fits after losing like a 4 year old. That kind of emotion and drive to compete and you put him BELOW Brandon? That's a mistake.

All in all, Mike's list is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment